Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daisy Explains a Mystery

The two of them watched as the social worker pulled away in her government issued drab sedan. The social worker had left the girl, a business card and a warning to keep the girl in school. It was only after she was well out of sight that Alice turned to her new ward.

"Ok, do you want to tell me what's going on? When the girl hesitated she fished out her cell phone. "I can always call her back." She was not truly angry but wanted to establish from the beginning who was in charge here.

Daisy shifted uneasily from one foot to the other and refused to meet her eyes. She appeared to be deciding just how much she could and should tell. But Alice would find out everything eventually anyway so best to get it all out in the open. Still looking down at her feet she began to tell her story.

"My parents kicked me out I got no place to go. My sister Heidi said you would probably help me out. She was in the car when her best friend left her little girl here ..."



"Wait, your sister's friend is Bianca's mom?"

Alice had a feeling she was not going to like where this was heading. She could hear a bombshell coming, it was almost like in the old movies, the high pitched scream of it falling through the atmosphere.

"Yes, she had to give her up or her parents would kick her out as soon as they found out. And then when my sister Heidi had her baby she could not get out here on her own so she told me to bring him here. I hid in the bushes until you picked up ..."





"Charlie." Alice finished for her.

"Yes."

The bomb had landed but instead of an explosion there was only silence as Alice processed this revelation. It was so quiet one could here the sound of their own eyes blinking.

"But that does not explain why that social worker thinks I'm your mom!"

"I told her you were, well actually the hospital staff told her after I told them."

"So, I have the word "SUCKER" tattooed to my forehead." she muttered to herself.

"Are there any other surprises? No more pregnant relatives or friends?"

"I don't think so."

Despite her reassurances, Alice had a feeling that her sleepless nights were by no means behind her.

"Well if you're going to stay here you're gonna have to pitch in. I think I smell a couple of diapers that need changing, you get one, I'll get the other."

3 comments:

  1. Nyte, you have got to tell me, where are these kids actually coming from, as far as game-playing goes? Alice does not seem to be pregnant, yet she never has enough money to adopt (unless Sims 3 is different from Sims 2 in that way). And, can one actually adopt a teenager now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layla, the children are in fact adopted. There does not seem to be a limit on income or house value as far as adoption goes in Sims 3 as there were in Sims 2. You cannot adopt a teen. However if you have the child you adopt blow out the candles on a birthday cake the day you get her then presto she is a teen. (Ok this was a tiny bit of cheat but I needed it for the story.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete